Read word

Hi all,

Are there negative side effects trying to read an I2C chip register in
byte mode while it is supposed to be read in word mode? I'm thinking of
using this to enhance our LM75 detection. Since the LM75 returns the
words high byte first, while other chips usually return low byte first,
we could try and read registers 0, 2 and 3 in byte mode and make sure
that the byte returned matches the high byte, not the low byte, of the
words we previously read.

Just a thought, comments welcome.

--
Jean Delvare