lm_sensors 2.8.1 test - LM75

> I also seem to have a useless LM75:
>
> lm75-i2c-1-4e
> Adapter: SMBus AMD75x adapter at 06e0
> Algorithm: Non-I2C SMBus adapter
> temp:       +0.0?C  (limit =  +0.0?C, hysteresis =  +0.0?C)

Most likely it isn't a LM75. That old chip is hard to detect, and
"empty" I2C devices (value 0 in all registers) will be detected as
LM75s, providing they are at an acceptable address. So I think you can
safely ignore it.

If you are curious, you can try dumping the chips content using the
following command: "i2cdump 1 0x4e", and try again later to see if
something has changed. However, I'd expect it to be full of 0s forever.

I could change our detection code in sensors-detect to lower confidence
to minimum in that case. BTW, which confidence level did sensors-detect
claimed for you?

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/