Conversion guide for i2c chip drivers

Hi Greg,

I'm in the process of writting a conversion guide for i2c chip drivers.
First version attached. Please tell me what you think about it. There's
at least two things I'd like explanations on:

In the detect function, why is memset called on client data before it is
filled?

Why is client data handled with i2c_set_clientdata and
i2c_get_clientdata instead of direct access?

I'd need to explain that in my guide, but don't understand it myself.

Thanks.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/