Problems with a drivers

> I have compiled my own kernel 2.4.21 with two pathes:
> - openmosix
> - lm_sensor
>
> I'm using debian woody and it's compiled wig gcc 2.95. I'm using the
> sources lm_sensors 2.8 from debian unstable and i2c too.
>
> My own kernel with openmosix and the i2c modules works well, no
> problems (As I known by now). I have only a problem with the driver:
> w83781d
>
> because it's all the time inicialitzating. I have test to do and
> init=0, too, but I had a segmentation fault:
> e01:~# modprobe w83781d init=0
> Segmentation fault
>
> I'm a bit lost and I don't know what to do. Could you help me please?

Known problem. Reading this page should help:
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/devel/i2c/
Basically, you'll want to patch your kernel sources with my i2c patch
instead of using Debian's source, so that everyone uses compatible i2c
structures.

Strange that debian provides sources for lm_sensors 2.8 through apt and
don't patch the kernel as required.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/