MAX 6650

OK. Will do this when time permits.

> 	- the xdump /proc entry is not necessary (at least to
> us), we have the 'i2cdump' utility

I'll #ifdef DEBUG that.

> 	- your choices of implementation of the speed control are fine,
>  	  until we come up with a standard way of handling these.
> 	- guess there's no way to distinguish between 50 and 51?

Not that I can see, at least without a 6650 to test on. I'd guess
that the three registers it doesn't have might be the key.

If there's anyone with a board with a MAX6550 (as opposed to a MAX6551)
I'd be happy to work with them to get this sorted out: I realise it is
an ugly carbuncle on the face of the driver.

J.