[Fwd: Re: I2C drivers]

(I meant to CC this to the list)

-------- Original Message --------
From: 	- Tue Aug 26 09:35:07 2003
Date: 	Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:35:06 -0700
From: 	Philip Edelbrock <phil at edgedesign.us>
To: 	Ralf Baechle <ralf at linux-mips.org>
Subject: 	Re: I2C drivers

Hi Ralf,

Normally what happens is we get a request for an I2C_DRIVERID and we
assign it the next number in our central list.  Linus should be using
our constants (which I think he is).  What we should probably do is add
your driver id's to the list and assign them the next available
numbers.  We try to centralize this to keep things sane, especially if
code migrates across trees (as I think you are sensing might be an issue
down the road).  There are two groups of numbers: for lm_sensors drivers
and others included elsewhere.  We maintain both lists.

What are the I2C_DRIVERID constants you which to add?

Phil