Ticket 1372:

* schiebe <t7thguest at gmx.de> [2003-08-16 21:19:40 +0200]:
> Hi, sorry but i use lm_sensors 2.8
>
> [root at campgrounds sbin]# rpm -q lm_sensors
> lm_sensors-2.8.0-1_14.rh9.at

Did you get these from Axel Thimm?  It looks like his lm_sensors package
includes userspace tools only.  You probably need to use his custom
kernel for the 2.8.0 version of I2C and sensors kernel modules.

> dmesg:
> i2c-core.o: i2c core module
> i2c-viapro.o version 2.6.5 (20020915)
                       ^^^^^
Yes this is definitely an old kernel module.

> i2c-viapro.o: Can't detect vt82c596 or compatible device, module not
> insert
>
> maybe i should use the tarballs :-)

They're pretty easy to build and install; make sure that you remove any
old versions first, and follow the READMEs.

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman
mhoffman at lightlink.com