W83L785TS-S

Jean

yes it's supported but if I had known I would not have started it.  It's the
sensor the A7N8X COP feature works on, it's not supported by Asus probe and
I understand why by now :)

acording to all the posts and mails:

1) W83L785TS_S shows diode temp  Asus 1 shows case , Asus 2 shows socket
2) W83L785TS_S diode shows diode temp Asus 1 shows case , Asus 2 shows
socket
3) W83L785TS_S shows diode temp  Asus 2 shows case , Asus 1 shows socket
4) W83L785TS_S diode shows diode temp Asus 2 shows case , Asus 4 shows
socket

some board needs a reboot if switching between diode and normal readout ??!!
very version (and if I have to believe a few users) bios dependend

also it will timeout on the smbus, returning 0c, I am not sure if this is a
conflict with the bios reading it or not, I just know my smbus codes times
out.  To solves this, and I am NOT happy with it, I added a simple line for
this sensor that if it's 0 then give it the previous value.  I logged this a
while with a few users and it happens avarage about 2 times every 5 minutes,
sometimes an hour nothing then a few almost in a row

also as for detection it has the same ID as the W83L785TR so you never know
what you have :)  right now if I have no other primary sensor chip I asume
it's a W83L785TR, if I already have a primary then it probably is a
W83L785TS.

by now if people have problems with it (and I only know of the A7N8X using
it) I simply reply to search the forum and to remember there is a reason
asus probe does not support it

Regards, Alex

- Please always attach all previous mails !
The Motherboard Monitor:
http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
For long you live and high you fly,
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry,
And all you touch and all you see,
Is all your life will ever be.