i2c & lm_sensors for RH

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 08:22:20PM +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 08:11:07PM +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > > Is anyone working on this? If not, I'd be interested (I have
> > > been maintaining rpms for kernel and userland parts for
> > > i2c/lm_sensors 2.7.0 at atrpms).

I managed to merge and build i2c&lm_sensors into the kernel sources
for RH 9/8.0/7. The only change to i2c&lm_sensors I had to make were
prepatches to get the code base patchable for some parts that changed
up to the 2.4.21 release. So no real patches for i2c/lm_sensors in the
kernel space. :)

I have now turned to the userspace. In order to build the lm_sensors
userland I need to compile against the kernel headers including the
patched in i2c headers (so I2C_HEADERS and LINUX_HEADERS point to the
same dir).

Since I am building against kernel headers, does that mean that the
resulting tools are only applicable to that kernel? Or are they to any
kernel that has i2c/lm_sensors 2.8.0 patched in?

I wonder if I need LINUX_HEADERS at all, since I am not building
external modules, and whether I should simply "carry" the i2c tarball
with the lm_sensors source package and build against the i2c headers
in that tarball (in order to build independently of the running kernel
or installed kernel sources). Does that make sense?
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de