driver design question

I think we should try to read and report what we know.  If we don't read
the limits, we probably shouldn't report them either (i.e. make them
write-only).  Reducing overhead by introducing assumptions in the code
(like that limits won't change), is a bad idea, imho.  At least, I think
this is more important at the driver level than the user-space apps.

Are we having problems with performance and overhead issues?

Phil