driver design question

Hi all,

Reading some code today, I noticed that most of our drivers, if not all,
read the current values and the limit values when updated. Why that? I
would have read the current values only. We set the limits ourself
(either at init time or through procfs/sysfs) so they are unlikely to
have changed. Looks like an overhead we could easily get rid of. Is
there something obvious I am missing?

Thanks.

--
Jean Delvare