EEPROM write support

Hello list,

I've just connected an old serial EEPROM to my i2c-bus, to see what else can
be done with this bus. My question is, why is there no write support (yet)?
Mere protection? I've added a basic write functionality myself, and it
works pretty fine (the chip didn't blow and presents the written data on
next real read-out).

I've also found some other I2C-Chips on the board I have that one from,
mostly Audio and Video processors also found in other packages. Are those
drivers intentionally not part of lm_sensors but instead their respective
driver packages? I'm thinking about abusing the audio- and video-switches
inside my machine :-)

Greetings,
Sascha