i2c-i810.c

> The drivers for the I2C and DCC Busses don't work (at least on my
> Computer).
>
> With ver 2.7.0 nothing worked and no devices were detected by
> i2cdetect. But i2c-algo-bit's bit_test succeded.

How can you say it succeeded if you were not able to load any bus
driver?

> With ver 2.8.0 my Chrontel TV encoder was detected, but
> communication did not work and i2c-algo-bit's bit_test failed.
> (SDA stuck high). The driver got the first ACK (after sending the
> DAB), but never got the second one after sending the RAB.
>
> Using the attached patch everything works.

Could you tell us how you did come to the values you are using? We can't
apply a patch unless we fully understand what it does. The set family is
the same in 2.7.0 and 2.8.0. Only the get family was changed. Please
take a look at the attached patch and tell us if reverting this part is
enough to get the driver to work again for you.

Also, could you tell us which chip driver is used for your tv encoder?
And is your monitor DDC capable or not?

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/