HTMLized FAQ

> Some weeks ago, I started converting the FAQ to docbook by hand as an
> exercise in learning docbook.  I'm sure there are 1001 texi-2-XML
> tools, but doing it quickly wasn't the point at the time.  You can see
> the results here:
>
> http://members.dca.net/mhoffman/sensors/docbook/
>
> The HTML is there, along with a tarball of what I used to get there.
> There is also a list of RedHat 9 RPMS that I installed.  I've learned
> as much about docbook as I intended without ever finishing this... but
> if you think it's an improvement I'll keep on it.  FWIW I think the
> source is easier to read than texi.

I don't mind if we use texi or docbook, as long as there is one single
root document that can be converted to both plain text and HTML. I would
tend to think that XML is good (tm) and should be used as often as
possible, but since Crazy Pete did it as texi at a time none of us was
interested in doing anything, I'd keep it this way until we have a
strong reason for switching to any other system.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/