configuration question

I don't understand what your mapping is from a MIB entry to what 'sensors' handles.
You are translating an SNMP 'set' to a config file and running 'sensors -s' ??
I don't understand what's returning (or not returning) a 'null or bad value'.
Perhaps you could elaborate on the functions of your script...