1250

Applied the patch, works this time!!!

Results:patch --verbose -p1 < /home/david/lm_sensors-2.7.0-sysctl-2.patch
Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|--- lm_sensors-2.7.0/lib/proc.c        Sun Nov 10 15:13:38 2002
|+++ lm_sensors-2.7.0/lib/proc.c        Wed May 28 14:04:25 2003
--------------------------
Patching file lib/proc.c using Plan A...
Hunk #1 succeeded at 184.
Hmm...  Ignoring the trailing garbage.
done

1) Then I tar'd the package back up and put in my /usr/portage/distfiles.
Rebuilt the digest and emerged it again.  (Gentoo speak, easier to remove
if let portage handle the install.)

2)  Installed fine. Tried several things. Still get same error. I restarted lm_sensors
and rebooted. Still:
#sensors -s
via686a-isa-6000: Can't access /proc file for writing;
Run as root?

3) So still same problem. I remember Philip P. saying something about having
i2c source also. Since the patch is only applied against lm_sensors I don't think
that was necessary, maybe he was mentioning it just because he was installing the
whole ball of wax at once. I already had i2c installed so didn't reinstall.

If you want me to do something else OR install with  'make', 'make install',..... instead
of letting Gentoo install it let me know.

Let me know.

Dave