Problem with i2c-amd756.o

Unfortunately the AMD 756 (and siblings) SMBUS does not seem to be
entirely reliable; I have similar problems with it locking up and not
coming back (on a similar machine). You need to disable whatever
is trying to read your hardware sensors; this will either be a GUI
application (a couple of the system monitors do this) or a daemon (e.g.,
sensord).

merlin

r/mds at paradyne.com/2003.06.09/21:29:40