i2c-dev.h

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 10:27:06PM -0700, Philip Pokorny wrote:
> So '- km' in the sensors.h comments must be Kyosti...
>
> There has got to be some common header files between kernel and user space
> so that data structures and "magic" constants are shared.

No, two separate header files, both kept in sync.  That's the way to do
this today.

> If user space can't include kernel headers, then the kernel will have to
> include a "user space" header.

Nope, see the many threads on the linux-kernel mailing list about this
issue.

> It would seem to me that the alternative of having two copies of the same
> data structures and constants would be worse.

Nope.

> When did this become such a big issue?

Always has been :)

> Absolutely, either put the old code back or create another file with the
> common code that can be included one place or the other...

So does this mean that the drivers/i2c/* files in the 2.4 tree are out
of date with the cvs versions?  If so, I have some changes that are now
in 2.4 that need to be put into the cvs tree...

Also, any reason not to update the in-tree 2.4 kernel versions?

thanks,

greg k-h