what next (was Re: success on Asus P4S8X-X)

Agreed that we need to make a decision.
"Finishing what Kyosti started" means getting it working AND submitting a patch to 2.4.

Your option a) may be necessary for the i2c side; for the sensors side,
simply adding back the owner and usage_count members of the structs
(or were they even taken out?).
Remember, sensors was never branched, only i2c.

If the fix to i2c-proc is the only thing we need to get the lk2-4 branch of
i2c working, go ahead and do that. Whatever we do, it will take some merging.
Do you know how to do CVS merging? I don't.
Even if we go back to 2.7.0 we will need to merge some stuff from the tree.

So what should we do?