Following up on ticket: 1108

Haven't seen much "news" on the homepages and was just wondering where
things stand and what I might be able to do to help.

Thanks,
Jeff

Problem in detail:

I am a newbie at lm_sensors, so please forgive me if I am doing something
stupid :)

I have an ASUS p4pe motherboard which according to http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
has the ASB100 chipset which apparantly is supported by driver w83781d
according to the "new drivers" page for versions >2.6.5.

When I run sensors-detect I get that all probes fail including the one for the
28381d driver. e.g.,
  Probing for %G$,3u=(B%@Winbond W83781D%G$,3u=(B%@
    Trying address 0x0290... Failed!
  Probing for %G$,3u=(B%@Winbond W83782D%G$,3u=(B%@
    Trying address 0x0290... Failed!

I then get the following output
  #----cut here----
  # I2C adapter drivers
  # I2C chip drivers
  #----cut here----

  #----cut here----
  # I2C module options
  alias char-major-89 i2c-dev
  #----cut here----

When I run %G$,3u=(B%@sensors -s%G$,3u=(B%@, I get "No sensors found"

Any thoughts on what is going wrong here?

I am using a stock unpatched 2.4.20 kernel under RH8.0.(i2c support is compiled
in as a module). I also tried separately making and installing the drivers from
the i2c-2.7.0 package without any success.

I am using lm_sensors-2.6.5-3 which I installed as an RPM that I got off of
freshrpms.net.

Reply from support:

we have several reports that the ASB100 support doesn?t work,
sorry. We?re working on it but it may be a few weeks.