[Fwd: Broken link on web page] VIA datasheets

> Hello:
> Thank you for the web pages about sensors.
>
> I tried to access information about my ASUS A7V133 South Bridge: VIA
> VT8363A (VIA Apollo KT133A) using a link you provided in:
>
> *I?C, SMBus and hardware monitoring references*, at address:
>
> http://www2.lm-sensors.nu/~lm78/cvs/lm_sensors2/doc/useful_addresses.html
>
> With text:
>
> "VIA bridges and chips which include integrated sensors. There is a
> separate section with datasheets. " which was linked to:
> http://www.via.com.tw/support/datasheets.html
>
> No datasheet was at this address, instead there was an error message.
>
> I connected to VIA's page at: http://www.via.com.tw/en/index/index.jsp
>
> and used VIA's "Product Quick Finder" pull-down menu and selected
> "datasheets". The message at
> http://www.via.com.tw/en/datasheet/datasheets.jsp  was:
>
> "Datasheets are typically only supplied to development partners and
> large customers under a non disclosure agreement. If you are an end
> user, please be advised that datasheets will not be supplied. Requests
> from Open Source Developers and individuals creating system management
> tools and other utilities for public use are considered on a case by
> case basis. Driver developers can also find links to information from
> Microsoft and assistance for Linux developers here. Please complete
> the request form below and clearly explain what information you need
> and why. Thank you for your cooperation."
>
> I do not know what to suggest regarding a revision to the link to VIA
> that you provide on your web page. A link to VIA's current
> "datasheets" page would not be helpful for an "end user" like me.

I think we can remove all links to VIA from this page.

What's more, I don't think this page is well formated, so I volunteer to
rewrite it in a more convenient and readable way, if nobody objects.

Also, I'll check the links and fix them if needed.

Thanks for the report!

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/