lmsensors 2.7.0 kann auf SuSE 7.2 nicht kompiliert werden

> I do not have the time to update my old SuSE to the newest release 8.1
>
> although I tenure the 8.1 distribution of SuSE. Maybe I can do the
> update in january.

I think you can update the kernel and the kernel tools without updating
the whole system. I don't know SuSE, but all other distributions I know
(Slackware, Red Hat, Debian) let the user do so.

> But I do not understand why the parse error has something to do with
> my kernel source.

We do include some header files from linux/include, which define some
structures or types we use in our code. If these definitions are "wrong"
(or at least, are not what we think they are) it can annoy the compiler
enough to lead to the result you had. And I doubt we'll change our code
to make it compile with the early 2.4 kernel sources.

> It's is not neccessary to install lm_sensors 2.7.0 because my hardware
> is supported by the older version of lm_sensors. The only thing I'm
> affected by 2.7.0 is a bugfix in the w83781d modul (initialization of
> in0/in1). But I think this fix can be backported to the 2.6.5 which I
> will try in the next days.

Yes, should work also.

--
Jean Delvare