Fans

** Reply to message from Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> on Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:39:47 +0100

# > So why do two of my fans not show up if he says that they are plugged
# > to the mainboard.
#
# That I can't say. Unless you have a way to reach the machine and enter
# the bios to note what it reports, there's nothing more I can say. I
# suspect that Asus used some customized sensors chipset (they do it quite
# often) that we don't fully support. Please be patient, maybe we'll get
# some additional info someday, who knows.

You mess around with fanx_div and fanx_min and sooner or later you wil get a beep alarm for the one that is not configured properly.  My case fan is on fan3, but I cannot get anything out of it but  0 rpm, or "beep" when I set the min too high.

Ed Harrison, broadcasting on
----/ /

by SuSE(8.1), Kernel 2.4.19, X 4.2
or Windows98 (running in vmware 3.2)