back to life

Hi everyone. I hope everybody's OK by now and that the incidents of
yesterday won't have too many consequences.

Phil, is it OK? I hope that your employer won't cause trouble because of
what happened.

I think that my theory of a loop caused by a mailbox quota exceeded is
right. I don't intend to blame anyone, this could happen, period. But
now we have to protect ourselves against the problem:

Two suggestions:

1* Discard messages from Mail Administrator etc.
2* Filter messages with size > say 50k. I checked all the legitimate
mails received on the list for the past 4 months and except two at
around 100k, they are all below 30k. Messages over the size limit should
be subject to manual acceptance.

Now I hope we'll be able to work on the project again. I have been
working on it these days and have some questions.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/