Compile problem when EISA support is removed from the .config file

I have a asus SMP board, the a7m266-d. I run mandrake linux 8.2 with
kernel 2.4.18.

I had problem by compiling lm_sensors. They were some strange compiling
error some about isa bus.

My motherboard does have any isa slot, so i had remove the support of
the isa inside the make menuconfig program but without installing a new
kernel.

To solve the problem, i simply do a "make mrproper" inside the linux
source and run "make menuconfig" (leave default option like EISA
support) and then a "make dep". I don't know if "make dep" do really
something usefull.

After doing a "make mrproper", the make of lm_sensors complain about the
miss of the /usr/src/linux/.config file.

So, from my point of view, lm_sensors make didn't like that the EISA
support is remove from the .config file.

nicO

Etudiant: Wanadoo t'offre le Pack eXtense Haut D?bit soit 150,92 euros
d'?conomies ! Clique ici : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/mail.etudiant