Asus ASB100 chip information

Hi all,

I did some experiments with the ASB100 health monitoring chip
sitting on my Asus A7V333 motherboard.

This chip is currently supported by the w83781d driver in
lmsensors 2.6.5, but the CPU temperature indicated by sensors
is different from the one shown in the BIOS (version 1013)
and the asusprobe utility under windows (v2.18.01).

I found out that the CPU temperature (as indicated by the
BIOS and asusprobe) is stored in register 0x17.
This is in an area undocumented by the w83781d datasheet.
The lm78 datasheet indicates the area 0x00-0x1F as 'POST RAM'.

Register 0x17 is exactly 0x10 positions away from the normal
temperature register at 0x27 as shown in the lm78 datasheet.
So I suspect there will be more interesting registers in this area
but have not tried them all yet.

I won't mind doing some more experiments and I hope this info
is useful for improving ASB100 support.

Kind regards,
Bertrik Sikken