lm_sensors on RedHat 7.3

Re:   Ticket # 994

Ok, I finally got it to build/work RedHat 7.3.  The problem was that the
code in Makefile for both i2c and lm_sensors which sets the destination
directory did not work.  The modules were either not being installed
(in some cases) or going to the wrong directory (in others). I had to
manually
set that  to install.  In both Makefiles I had:

MODPREF := /lib/modules/2.4.18-3

on the A7V266E machines and it worked.  However when I set that to

MODPREF := /lib/modules/2.4.18-3smp

on the Tyan S2468UGN lm_sensor's install stuck the files under
..../misc instead of in the right place, and I had to manually copy them
up one level to the right directory. I also manually set the SMP
variable
which may or may not have been necessary.

There were a couple of bugs in the /etc/r2.d/init.d startup
script for lm_sensors.  The repaired one is attached.  (Basically wc
was returning " 2" instead of "2" for the number of module lines and
that was messing up the start/stop logic.  I also made it format the
messages.

Lastly, sensors always shows the negative voltage ranges in the ALARM
state even when the measured value falls within the specified min/max
range.
This was for chip "as99127f" on the Asus A7V266E motherboard.  (I got
the Tyan 2468 to the point where it would start lm_sensors but have not
yet worked out the sensors.conf file for it.)  For instance, when -5v
measures -5.03 and min is -5.48 and max is -4.50 the ALARM is shown.
Ditto for the -12V range.  I think this is probably a bug in the
"sensors"
program having to do with negative voltage comparisons.  Is there a
known
fix for it?

Thanks,

David Mathog