A bit of information on nForce chipset

Dear Developers of the lm_sensor project:

      My name is Yoshifumi Shimizu.  I'm writing this mail because,
first, I want to express sincere thanks for lm_sensor project, and
second, I would like to provide a bit of information concerning
the nForce chipset.

     I am developing a motherboard monitor program for FreeBSD (it
also runs on Linux box, though), named "xmbmon/mbmon", which is
a userland program and not of device driver type.  In the very
initial version I did not know about the lm_sensor project,
but after certain version up, I am using the information abount
the SMBus and the sensor chips directly from the code of your
project.  In this sense I am very much indebted to you (Of course,
I am make acknowledgements to your project in my program).  I
apprecitate your activity very much.

     Next, I looked into the newest verion lm_sensor-2.6.4, and
found that the nForce chipset is supported in the amd756 code.
But, I noticed that the SMBus base address is fixed as 0x5500.
I have been working on the SMBus issue of the nForce chipset in
the newest verion of my "xmbmon/mbmon", and I got information
on how to get the SMBus base address from my collegue (FreeBSD
freaks).  The nForce SMBus base address is obtained through
the offset 0x14 in the PCI configuration registor, just as
the offset 0x58 for the AMD756/766/768 chipset.  This friend
of mine has Asus A7N266 motherboard, and in this way the
SMBus base address can be obtained with the result being
correctly 0x5500.  I'm not sure that this base address is
always fixed as 0x5500, but if not, this offset 0x14 in the
PCI configuration may be an useful information.

     If you want to check in the code, please try to see
the code of my programs, xmbmon version 2.00, which is now
downloadable from my web page:

   http://www.nt.phys.kyushu-u.ac.jp/shimizu/download/download.html

    With best regards,             Yoshifumi R. Shimizu