lm sensors

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 05:20:50PM -0400, Pam Huntley wrote:
>[...]
> I gave them your contact information (email).  I haven't heard if they'll
> contact you directly or not, as they are in Japan, they might just send me
> stuff and let me pass it on to you. I should know more next week when they
> respond to my email.

OK, sounds good.

> As far as detecting IBM, I think you are on the right track.  My
> understanding is that both the vendor flag "IBM" and the MTM (machine type
> and model) are located in the BIOS, and that you can access this using
> SMAPI calls.  We used to use DMI on our older machines, I'm not sure if it
> will work on the newer ones.  Again, I write mostly GUI software, so I'm a
> little fuzzy on things like BIOS, but I can probably get more specifics if
> this is something you need to know more about.  I believe you can actually
> get the MTM and just test the type to make sure it's a ThinkPad, and that
> way you won't have to disable it for ALL IBM machines.  Hopefully we can
> get the specs to you and you won't have to disable it at all.

I'm hoping we can identify the chip and work around the problem so we
don't have to blacklist anything.  That would be ideal.

> I'm hoping that we can get you what you need, I'll keep you posted as to
> what I know.

Thanks!! We really appreciate your help. :')

Phil

--
Philip Edelbrock -- IS Manager -- Edge Design, Corvallis, OR
   phil at netroedge.com -- http://www.netroedge.com/~phil