IPMI (BMC) lm-sensors

Mostly it's because there hasn't been the effort/time/interest.
There are also some mild arguments against depending on platform
specific features, like IPMI, instead of driving the hardware directly
(a POSIX thing), but we'd like to see an IPMI driver.

The implementation would be pretty basic, I would think.  It would be
like a chip driver (see chips/lm75.c) which doesn't depend on a bus
driver.  Since this could migrate into the mainstream kernel, it would
need to support, or at least cleanly stub out, on unsupport
architectures instead of causing compiling nightmares.

Mark, any comments on this?

Phil

--
Philip Edelbrock -- IS Manager -- Edge Design, Corvallis, OR
   phil at netroedge.com -- http://www.netroedge.com/~phil