Tyan 2460 MB

Dear people from the lm_sensors team,
first of all: thank you for your work! The program is  highly functional and
satisfies (nearly ...) all things that could be interesting.
You know (from tickets 813,808,781,765) about the Tyan 2460MB:
- there are two sensor chips on it working on different areas.
I have an 1.04 bios in use and can tell from my experience:
- temperature readings are correct if the initialization has not occured (in
contrast to what has been written in ticket 812), the chip w83782d-i2c-0-2d
seems to monitor the processor temperature
- the fan readings are not the ones from the processors, the voltage data are
hard to interpret. Maybe the due to the voltage divider, as you readily
mentioned.
- after initialization the temperature values are identical to those in the
bios *prior* to initialization and show high numbers (77?C and 78?C).
- the rpm values from the fans are in an odd relationship to the actual speed,
I have to recheck. However, the fan data appear to be more plausible after
initialization.

If there are any additional checks I could supply for your help, please let me
know. Basically one would need to access both chips for different data, but
this seems impossible from the current lm_sensors package.

Hope you can use the information!
Take care

Dieter Jurzitza

E-Mail: Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza <dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de>
Date: 14-Jun-2002
Time: 21:21:30                 |
                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)