I2C displays

Hi there, I admire your programming skills and I'm heavily busy remoddeling mobo's (now my dual abit bp6 board). I saw the I2C architecture in it, and thought.. what?? Why not using that?? So I have some thought about adressing a LCD module via I2C bus. Can you support I2C displays as Matroxorb? And just plain displays which are connected (4bits/8bits) to the I2C bus with an I2C->par converter such as (for example) philips PCF8576? I2C adressing is a much improvement above parallel, speed and int load are just superior to par/ser adressing. When more people starting to realize that (perhaps you can support/mention it on your page?), much people will do it that (I2C) way because they want to save cpu cycles :-)

Thanks for all, you're a great motivator to get me back on developing more (computer based) hardware.

Sencerely,
Alex.