eeprom driver

> BTW- Have you tried running eeprom-decode.pl?  It's in
> lm-sensors/prog/eeprom, I think.  It can help decode the values of
> your valid SPD DIMM (timing and such).  There is also a checksum value
> which it computes and compared with what is stored on the chip.  If
> the checksum isn't valid, then it is almost certainly evidence that
> the chip isn't on a DIMM (or is corrupted).

I guess you refer to decode-dimms.pl.  Yes, I tried it.  It gives correct
results for 0x50 and awful garbage for 0x57.

I also just tried xeon/decode-xeon.pl.  No resulult either.

If byte at 0x02 has a class meaning (0x04 for DIMMs, you said), is there a
reference about this? It would help to know what kind of item 0x00 is
supposed to be.

--
       /~~       Jean "Khali" Delvare
  -----\_                        mail: delvare at ensicaen.ismra.fr