fan out of control (lm-sensors 2.6.2-1)

Some newer sensor chips support "smart fan control"
which varies the speed of the fan automatically based on the
temperature reading. This happens without software intervention.
I wouldn't be surprised if a laptop had that type of chip.

We do NOT support that operation in ANY of our drivers.
So don't expect it to happen even when you do get the right driver.

Unless the BIOS configures a chip for smart control and
our driver doesn't override it, you will not get fan
speed variation using our drivers, unless you write an
application your self to control things via /proc,
or just set the speed manually by writing a speed to /proc.

Once you have positively identified your sensor chip we
may be able to help you further.

mds