Ticket #: 758, ITE IT8712F-A not detected, and not properly configured

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Mark Studebaker wrote:

> please rerun with the correct arguments
> 'isadump 0x295 0x296'

O.K.

> I can look at boosting the confidence for the it8712 detection
> from 7 to 8 so it will be recommended over the lm78.

What for? it87 and lm78 both have _the very same_ confidence. lm87 is
recommended over it87 only because it _comes first_. I think that if the
conflicting chipsets have the same confidence then the choice should be
left to user (look at your motherboard) and no chip should be preffered
over other.

--
Jakub Nar?bski
    Poland