CONFIG_xxxx inconsistency

On 20011031 Mark D. Studebaker wrote:
>Now I'm wondering if we changed things in the wrong direction.
>Rather than going from "old" to "new" should we have gone
>from "new" to "old".
>
>Since the kernel has "old" CONFIG_xxx things,
>won't us changing things lead to problems with compiles outside
>of the kernel (which check for definitions of CONFIG_xxx)
>and also unnecessary patches?
>
>Seems like it would be safer to go back to the "old" and
>make sure the few places that used "new" were switched to "old".
>
>what do you all think?

I have seen that cvs code for i2c has not changed since time ago.
What about submitting an update to Linus/Alan with the remaining changes
(version info..) and the new config names ? Even you can call it
2.6.2.

--
J.A. Magallon                           #  Let the source be with you...
mailto:jamagallon at able.es
Mandrake Linux release 8.2 (Cooker) for i586
Linux werewolf 2.4.13-ac5-beo #1 SMP Tue Oct 30 00:10:00 CET 2001 i686