Re: [POC 0/7] livepatch: Make livepatch states, callbacks, and shadow variables work together

Miroslav Benes <mbenes@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Do we still need klp_state->data member? Now that it can be easily coupled
> with shadow variables, is there a reason to preserve it?

I would say yes, it could point to e.g. some lock protecting an
associated shadow variable's usage. Or be used to conveniently pass on
any kind of data between subsequent livepatches.

Thanks,

Nicolai

--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Frankenstraße 146, 90461 Nürnberg, Germany
GF: Ivo Totev, Andrew McDonald, Werner Knoblich

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux SCSI]