Re: [POC 0/7] livepatch: Make livepatch states, callbacks, and shadow variables work together

Hi Petr,

On Fri, 10 Nov 2023, Petr Mladek wrote:

> This POC is a material for the discussion "Simplify Livepatch Callbacks,
> Shadow Variables, and States handling" at LPC 2013, see
> https://lpc.events/event/17/contributions/1541/
>
> It obsoletes the patchset adding the garbage collection of shadow
> variables. This new solution is based on ideas from Nicolai Stange.
> And it should also be in sync with Josh's ideas mentioned into
> the thread about the garbage collection, see
> https://lore.kernel.org/r/20230204235910.4j4ame5ntqogqi7m@treble

looks good to me. It is a huge improvement I would say.

As you mention elsewhere, it would also be nice to include some
documentation and samples in the next revision.

The selftests would need to be ported to the new infrastructure.

Do we still need klp_state->data member? Now that it can be easily coupled
with shadow variables, is there a reason to preserve it?

Miroslav

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux SCSI]