Re: Live Patching Microconference at Linux Plumbers

> On Fri, Apr 14, 2023 at 2:54 PM Jose E. Marchesi
> <jose.marchesi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> As for Rust... we have the Rust GCC support and that would fit in the MC
>> as well.  We can surely invite some of the hackers working in the
>> front-end.  But maybe it would be better to have that discussion in a
>> Rust MC, if there is gonna be one (Miguel?).
>
> It is likely we will submit a Rust MC proposal, yeah.
>
> Last year we had both Rust GCC and rustc_codegen_gcc presenting in the
> Rust MC (and Kangrejos too), and I would be grateful to have them
> again, but if it is best for everybody otherwise, we can change things
> of course.

I think it makes sense to discuss these toolchain-related topics in the
Rust MC.  Infrastructure tends to be traversal :)

> (Is it already known how tight timing will be this year for MCs?)
>
>> For starters, I would make sure that the involved MCs (Live Patching,
>> Toolchains, and an eventual Rust MC) do not overlap in the schedule.
>> Then we could have these discussions in either microconferences.
>
> Yeah, it sounds good to me.
>
> Cheers,
> Miguel

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux SCSI]