Re: Live Patching Microconference at Linux Plumbers

On Fri, Apr 14, 2023 at 2:54 PM Jose E. Marchesi
<jose.marchesi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As for Rust... we have the Rust GCC support and that would fit in the MC
> as well.  We can surely invite some of the hackers working in the
> front-end.  But maybe it would be better to have that discussion in a
> Rust MC, if there is gonna be one (Miguel?).

It is likely we will submit a Rust MC proposal, yeah.

Last year we had both Rust GCC and rustc_codegen_gcc presenting in the
Rust MC (and Kangrejos too), and I would be grateful to have them
again, but if it is best for everybody otherwise, we can change things
of course.

(Is it already known how tight timing will be this year for MCs?)

> For starters, I would make sure that the involved MCs (Live Patching,
> Toolchains, and an eventual Rust MC) do not overlap in the schedule.
> Then we could have these discussions in either microconferences.

Yeah, it sounds good to me.

Cheers,
Miguel

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux SCSI]