Re: Live patching MC at LPC2020?

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 08:59:43AM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
> On Tue 2020-03-31 16:52:04, Joe Lawrence wrote:
> It seems that there is interest into sharing/discussing some topics.
> The question is whether is has to be under the LPC even umbrella.
>
> Advantages of LPC:
>
>    + well defined date
>    + more attendees (ARM people, Steven Rostedt ;-)
>    + access to some powerful video conference tool
>    + access to another LPC content
>    + support for the conference in the long term
>

> Advantages of self-organized event:
>
>    + less paperwork?
>    + cheaper?
>    + only interested people invited
>    + date after summer holidays
>    + more time for the discussion
>
> I am in the favor of self organized event. For me, LPC is much less
> interesting without the personal contact and hallway conversations.
> All the LPC date is not ideal for me.

I'd prefer LPC proper, as it would be easier (infrastructure is already
taken care of) and more inclusive (in the past we often got good
feedback from outside the direct livepatch community).  And it's only
$50 US.

But to be honest I have doubts about the usefulness of any online
conference, so either way may be equally useless ;-)

--
Josh

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux SCSI]