Re: [LKP] livepatching selftests failure on current master branch

On 6/5/19 8:49 PM, Philip Li wrote:
On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 10:51:53AM -0400, Joe Lawrence wrote:
Do the tests only run for unique commits (ie, will it skip when
livepatching.git updates/merges latest linux tree ??)
it will not skip, though we are not testing commit by commit. If the issue
is found, and bisect to the bad commit, we will report to author of that
commit for information.

Sorry, I'm not following along, let me rephrase my question...

This is the rough timeline that recently occurred:

- changes were made to stacktracing API
-- one commit affected livepatching and broke a selftest
-- Linus pulled the changes
- the livepatching tree updated its master to Linus tree
-- Miroslav noticed that self-tests were broken in the livepatch tree
-- we fixed up the stacktracing API, pushed up to Linus
-- all is good now

Could the 0-day bot testing have helped us spot the self-test breakage before Linus pulled or when the livepatching tree updated?

Thanks,

-- Joe

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux SCSI]