Re: Live patching MC at LPC2019?

On Thu 2019-03-21 10:58:40, Joe Lawrence wrote:
> On 3/21/19 6:26 AM, Petr Mladek wrote:
> > On Tue 2019-03-19 14:32:25, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> > > the LPC CFP is now open. Noone else seems to have volunteered, so I am now
> > > starting to collect the topics.
> > >
> > > Therefore, in case you have a topic you'd like to present / put up for
> > > discussion, please send it to me. Once we have enough content (and
> > > tentative attendees) accumulated, I'll turn this into a miniconf proposal
> > > I'd submit.
> >
> > I guess that we would like to discuss an API for handling state of
> > changes made by callbacks. It was already discussed as a global
> > state handling on the last LPC. We have more ideas now. I am going
> > to work on it rather sooner than later.
> >

> Hi Petr -- would this include livepatch versioning as well?
>
> As we previously discussed on th elist, callback state mgmt drives
> requirements for versioning, stickiness, transition reversal etc.

Good summary. I think that all these things are related and should
get discussed.

> This could be a long topic :/

Yeah. It will depend how far we get with patchsets and discussion
on the mailing list.

Best Regards,
Petr

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux SCSI]