Re: Mistake in include IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_LIVEPATCH)

On 2017-02-11 09:54, Jiri Kosina wrote:
On Sat, 11 Feb 2017, Denys Fedoryshchenko wrote:

I noticed that sample of livepatch is not working in 4.9.9, because in
include,
linux/livepatch.h
it is:
#if IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_LIVEPATCH)

while config option is:
CONFIG_HAVE_LIVEPATCH=y

After editing livepatch.h sample module compiles fine

Probably that's just a typo?

There are two config variables. CONFIG_HAVE_LIVEPATCH is set by those
architectures for which livepatching implementation exists.

CONFIG_LIVEPATCH is the actual config option turning the support in kernel
on/off.

What you are seeing is that if you have kernel configuration that has
livepatching (CONFIG_LIVEPATCH) turned off, the sample module doesn't
compile for it either. I'd say it's not unexpected behavior.
Oh, sorry for noise, yes i didn't noticed that without DYNAMIC_FTRACE_WITH_REGS it wont be visible,
and this option was buried deep with other dependencies.