Re: Mistake in include IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_LIVEPATCH)

On Sat, 11 Feb 2017, Denys Fedoryshchenko wrote:

> I noticed that sample of livepatch is not working in 4.9.9, because in
> include,
> linux/livepatch.h
> it is:
> #if IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_LIVEPATCH)
>
> while config option is:
> CONFIG_HAVE_LIVEPATCH=y
>
> After editing livepatch.h sample module compiles fine
>
> Probably that's just a typo?

There are two config variables. CONFIG_HAVE_LIVEPATCH is set by those
architectures for which livepatching implementation exists.

CONFIG_LIVEPATCH is the actual config option turning the support in kernel
on/off.

What you are seeing is that if you have kernel configuration that has
livepatching (CONFIG_LIVEPATCH) turned off, the sample module doesn't
compile for it either. I'd say it's not unexpected behavior.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs