Re: livepatch sysfs API issue

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 10:53:02AM +0200, Miroslav Benes wrote:

> > > How about extending the attribute to consist of both name and the address.
> > > That will automatically provide disambiguation, and would still maintain
> > > human readability.
> >
> > Sounds fine to me.  Something like:
> >
> >   "cmdline_proc_show,0xffffffff812904c0" ?
>
> Unfortunately this would be shown even to non-root users and is
> information leak (if kptr_restrict is set to non-zero).

Ok, so it sounds like Jiri's suggestion to put the address in the
attribute won't fly.

Any objections to just removing the "func" attribute altogether?  If
this information is truly needed later, maybe the user of it can propose
a non-broken interface.

I also don't really see a purpose of the "object" attribute.  Any
objections to getting rid of it as well?

--
Josh