Re: XFS_DEBUG got enabled by default in 6.6

On Sun, Nov 05, 2023 at 07:03:55PM +0100, Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently updated to 6.6 and was surprised to see that XFS_DEBUG suddenly
> got enabled by default.

It should not be enabled by default - XFS_ONLINE_SCRUB defaults to
"n" and so XFS_ONLINE_SCRUB_STATS should not be enabled nor should
it be selecting XFS_DEBUG. So to see this, you have to turn on
XFS_ONLINE_SCRUB first....

> This was apparently caused by commit d7a74cad8f45
> ("xfs: track usage statistics of online fsck") and a followup fix.
> Was that intentional? From the description of XFS_DEBUG I gather it should
> be disabled for regular use, so this was a bit surprising to see.
> Maybe that "default y" setting should be removed.

No, it's just wrong....

Cheers,

Dave.
--