Re: [GIT PULL] xfs: bug fixes for 6.4-rc2

On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 11:50 AM Darrick J. Wong <djwong@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ...and which version is that?  The build robot report just says ia64
> without specifying any details about what compiler was running, etc:

Actually, you should find it if you follow the links to the config.

We have the compiler version saved in the config file partly exactly
for reasons like that.

HOWEVER.

If it's *this* report:

> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-xfs/20230510165934.5Zgh4%25lkp@xxxxxxxxx/T/#u

then don't even worry about it.

That's not even a compiler warning - that "ignoring unreachable code"
is from smatch.

So if *that* single line of

   fs/xfs/scrub/fscounters.c:459 xchk_fscounters() warn: ignoring
unreachable code.

was all this was about, then there are no worries with that pull request.

Those extra warnings (some of them compiler warnings enabled with W=2
for extra warnings, some from smatch) are not a cause for worry. They
are janitorial.

I thought you had an actual failed build report due to some warning.
Those we *do* need to fix, exactly because they will affect other
peoples ability to do basic sanity testing.

So if you can confirm that it was just that one smatch warning line
and nothing else, then I'll happily do that pull.

            Linus