Re: [RFCv2 2/3] iomap: Change uptodate variable name to state

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 10:24:59PM +0000, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> > a single bitmap of undefined length, then change the declaration and
> > the structure size calculation away from using array notation and
> > instead just use pointers to the individual bitmap regions within
> > the allocated region.
>
> Hard to stomach that solution when the bitmap is usually 2 bytes long
> (in Ritesh's case).  Let's see a version of this patchset with
> accessors before rendering judgement.

Yes.  I think what we need is proper helpers that are self-documenting
for every bitmap update as I already suggsted last round.  That keeps
the efficient allocation, and keeps all the users self-documenting.
It just adds a bit of boilerplate for all these helpers, but that
should be worth having the clarity and performance benefits.