Re: xfs_repair hangs at "process newly discovered inodes..."

On 11/17/22 12:40 PM, iamdooser wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure this is the correct forum; if not I'd appreciate guidance.
>
> I have a Unraid machine that experienced an unmountable file system on an array disc. Running:
>
> xfs_repair -nv /dev/md3

Did that find errors?

> works, however when running
>
> xfs_repair -v /dev/md3
>
> it stops at "process newly discovered inodes..." and doesn't seem to be doing anything.
>
> I've asked in the unraid forum and they've directed me to the xfs mailing list.
>
> Appreciate any help.

Please tell us the version of xfsprogs you're using, and provide the full xfs_repair
output (with and without -n).

If it really looks like a bug, and not simply a slow repair, providing an xfs_metadump
may help us evaluate the problem further.

-Eric